- Whole Almond rich cake
Wanna go for a gluten free , whole vitamin E nutrients which are summed up in a cake , sounds exciting and strange right ??
The Whole Almond flour cake goes all purpose flour or Maida or Wheat free as in its packed with whole grounded Almond or ready made almond flour.
Apart from Almonds being rich source of Vitamin E , it adds the best flavor in all the recipes in which its been added, the flavor provided or from the Almond is so strong and we have no idea on how the recipe turns to be delicious
let it be cakes , desserts , indian sweets like payasam or shreekand , the almond are always used to either in the recipe or for flavoring the recipe or the sweet.
So those who opt for a gluten free or a fan of almonds like me 🙂 , just go ahead and try out this recipe.
- Eggs – 4 , separated
Note : make sure the eggs are separated well , as in no yellow remains in white as it needs to be whipped well before mixing
tip : the white part of the eggs doesn’t get whipped if there are any remains of yellow left with white or if the eggs are not separated properly.
- Almond flour – 1 + 1/ 2 cup – home made grounded almond or ready made almond flour , i opted for a store bought one.
- Sugar – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp ( any cooking oil , like sunflower or standard cooking oil )
- Lemon zest – 1 tbsp – scrape only the yellow skin and do not include the white part as the batter will turn bitter.
- Vanilla essence or almond essence – 1 tsp
- Sliced almonds – 1/4 cup or required for topping – diced cuts or any type of chopped almonds for topping.
- take in the yellow part of the egg and white part of the egg in two separate bowl
- add in the sugar to the yellow part and mix it well using a wire whisk or hand beater
- add in the vanilla essence and again beat well.
Note : the batter should turn pale yellow and creamy
- add in the almond flour and mix it with a spatula or any flat spoon
- the mixture will be tight and little hard as in not a flowing mixture
- take the white part of the eggs bowl and add in a pinch of salt and begin to whip well using a hand beater
- make sure to get stiff peaks with the eggs whites, beat until then
- now take spoon and add in the egg whites in parts to the almond flour mixture and fold in gently and slowly , do not over mix
- make sure to preheat the oven to 175 degree for 10 minutes , grease the tin with a parchment or a butter paper.
- pour in the batter in the cake tin and top it with sliced almonds
- top it with almonds generously without leaving any behind
- place it in the preheated oven and set the timer to 30 minutes to 175 to 180 degree Celsius
- Remove the cake tin and let it cool completly and then start to slice it.
it forms as best tea time snack for your family time or even for kids snack box .
the recipe may look simple and easy to do but it includes all the rich flavor from the almond, which will make you do again as it turn to be simple.
Again with love,