Isn’t that Cheesecakes are always a nightmare for all those home bakers or on the verge to make , but yet its so yummy and exciting that you cant stop thinking over to bake it??
Just a try with Indian dairy brands for the perfect easy simple cheesecake recipe !
Cheesecakes are always to be made with cream cheese, sour creams and heavy creams, i know most of the products are quite hard to get within Chennai or your locality but yes still you can reach it after some difficulty in travelling
Most of dairy products are available in Nuts and spice, brown tree and Amma nana , heavy creams are always available in Amma nana market.
We all work round the clock and that we log out at 7 or 8pm and it’s impossible to travel for the most exotic baking ingredient after that.
And me who always want to try or bake the most appetizing desserts and wondering how to get these apart from my work schedule
Get all your ingredients in one go from just downloading bigbasket.com
The basic ingredients you would need will be
- 5 cups of Cream cheese – 225 gm.’s * 5 cups (Britannia )
- 2 cups Sour cream – 400gm.s – MOOZ sour cream ( Big basket )
- Britannia digestive biscuits – big basket or any available shops – 250 gm. Crushed
- Raspberry seedless jams – any good brand – Big basket or any super markets
Let’s get with the recipe and ingredients
For the Crust:
- 250 gm… digestive biscuits – crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 225 gm..* 5 cups cream cheese
- 400 gm.’s sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of small lemon
- 1 + ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Any fresh sweet berries ( not sour )
- In a bowl add in the crushed biscuits , melted butter and sugar , mix well
- Cover the outside of the pan with aluminium foil to avoid butter leaking out
- Press the biscuit texture well on the base of the pan
- Preheat the oven to 168 degree Celsius and bake the crust for 10 minutes
- Take a large bowl ( preferably large ) , add in the cream cheese , sour cream , eggs , vanilla , flour , salt and lemon zest
- Using a electric beater , beat it well for 1 to 2 minutes, until no lumps
If you are using a hand whisk, add in all the above ingredients in parts and whisk well , totally about 10 to 15 minutes
- Remove the crust out of the pan and pour the cream mixture into it and now bake it for 1 hour 30 minutes at 168 degree Celsius
- Allow it to cool inside the oven for 1 hour
- Remove the cake tin and again cool it for one more hour
- Now close it with a plate or wrap and refrigerate it for minimum 6 hours
NOTE: it’s very important it to be refrigerated for minimum 6 hours, preferably overnight!
Remove the tin, warm the raspberry jam for 20 seconds and spread it over the top , arrange your berries ( your creativity) leave it for 20 seconds, and using a sharp knife, warm it with some hot water, slice it deep.
Try to Warm and wipe the knife for a clean piece, if not you can just slice it as usual, doesn’t make it a big difference.
Small cheesecake muffins
I had so much batter and crumbs remaining, so I took my liners and tray, placed a tablespoon of the crumbs, pressed it well, poured in a tablespoon of cream mixture, bake it for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool, refrigerate and have, these were so yummy and cute to have.
Now trust me, I put in all my faith and hard work on this, it was so so good to spend for that much dairy products and make it! So creamy, cheesy and velvety!!!