Its birthday time again had to think something very quickly to get the ingredients and start over immediately as we were running out of time.
So much ideas and recipe cakes in my mind unless and until the salted caramel did not struck my mind either, thanks to my sister in law who came up with the idea of trying out the most different flavor around which is actually rising up now recently and its been used and added in many of the desserts and other cakes as well
As always Easy bake will definitly make this birthday cake easy with 3 step process.
- Chocolate sponge cake.
- Salted Brown sugar caramel sauce
- Butter cream frosting
Chocolate sponge cake
- 180 sugar
- 75 gm flour
- 12 gm baking soda
- 66 gm coco powder
- 45 ml oil
- 66 ml milk
Salted brown sugar caramel sauce
please refer the link for the brown sugar caramel sauce which is already been tried in my oats caramel bar – https://myeasybake.com/2019/12/17/brown-caramelized-oats-berry-bar/ – just add 1 teaspoon of salt in the brown sugar caramel sauce.
Butter cream frosting
- Salted caramel sauce – 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp
- 250 gm unsalted butter
- 500gm fine powdered sugar
Note : make sure to powder the sugar very finely as no one wants the frosting to be in coarse powder
- add in the eggs, sugar, beat well using electric or wire whisk until turned pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl add in the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder, combine well
- add in the oil to the egg mixture, slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in using a spatula.
- The batter will turn into runny and not a thick chocolate batter.
- Line an 8 inch round pan, butter it and pour the batter into it
- bake it 50 minutes in 180-degree celsius, allow it to cool completely
- Use a knife to run around the corner of the pan and then release it from the pan – watery batter is always too soft so better allow it to cool completely
- Make the salted brown caramel sauce and refrigerate it for at least half an hour
- Take a large bowl, add in the unsalted butter ( to be in cold and not softened ), add in the powdered sugar
- Using an electric beater, beat it in medium speed for 2 – 5 minutes until soft peaks are formed
- Make sure the powder is a fine powder or else the frosting will turn coarse
- add in a tsp of Lemon juice which prevents crystallization of the buttercream frosting.
Lining the cake
- Slice the cake into three equal halves or even two, preferred accordingly.
- Spread the buttercream evenly and work on it to make it smooth and even without folds
- Frosting part is completely your wish to design accordingly.
- Once the frosting is done, take in the caramel sauce, give it a quick mix to loosen it
- Pour the caramel sauce on the buttercream frosting
- Work on the dripping part of the sauce as it makes the cake look and trusts me it’s so beautiful
Refrigerate the cake for a minimum of 5 hours or so before slicing
Other decorations depends upon your way , since my sister in law worked on the design part to make it a typical birthday cake
We made a simple chocolate sheet using a some dark chocolate chips melted in microwave and forming design sheets on butter paper , freezing it and used it for topping, its totally optional and its the part where your creativity plays
Make sure to refrigerate the cake for 5 hours and then slice it.