Preparation time : 30 minutes
Baking time : 15 to 45 minutes ( depends upon the oven capacity)
- 1 cup / 250 grams softened unsalted butter at room temperature ( white butter can also be used as well)
- 1 cup finely powdered sugar ( sieve if possible )
- 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature such that it should be in a softened texture , powder the sugar to a fine texture at the same time.
- In a bowl add the softened butter and beat the butter until it becomes fluffy and creamy texture.
- To make it more specific after beating the butter , it should turn light yellow in color and fluffy , beating can be stopped at this step.
- Now add the powdered sugar to the beaten butter and once again beat it well.
- The powdered sugar should be well incorporated with the butter and it should form a creamy texture as well.
- After the sugar and butter are well combined add the flour together in a whole and use a hand beater or spatula to combine the flour with the mixture ( mix it slowly)
- Once the flour is almost mixed and in crumble form , use your hands to kneed the dough.
- Now the dough should not be kneaded so much and for a longer time.
- Knead the dough in such to combine all the remain flour and forms a ball shape.
- Now make the dough into 2 halves and roll each of the cookie dough into a cylindrical form , such that no cracks are formed.
- Once the dough kneaded in cylindrical form, take a knife and start cutting the dough in small cookie shapes.
- Line the cookie in a oven tray with sufficient gap in between , Dont overload the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180 or 190 degree Celsius ( 350 Fahrenheit ) for 10 minutes.
- After the oven is preheated place the tray and set the timer to 15 – 20 minutes.
- Check once 15 minutes is over and if the cookies turned light brown and slightly big , take the cookie out from the oven.
- In order for the biscuits to be crispy enough allow the biscuits to cool well.
Note : if baking in two batches no need to preheat the oven second time. ( as the biscuits will be overcooked.
Do try this recipe and share your valuable comments. Thanks